Conditions for Hire of St James’ Trust Community Centre & Wagon Factory
- St James’ Trust are unable to take booking from persons under the age of 18.
- The Hirer must be present for the duration of the hire period.
- Should the hirer not be present at the centre for the hire period they must provide details of a ‘responsible person’ who will be on site.
- The Hire period stated on the application form includes the setting up, preparation, cleaning and exiting the venue and grounds. Early entry and late exiting of the premises is not permitted and will be charged.
- Should the activity vary from that stated on the Hire Form, the Trust reserves the right to allocate an additional charge. Should the hirer continue to use the venue for any purpose other than that stated, the Trust reserves the right to cancel hire. Additionally, use of other rooms not detailed in the application is not permitted and will result in a charge.
- Hirers will be invoiced for all booking made and are required to make full payment within 30 days from the invoice date.
2. Cancellations/Changes to Bookings
The Trust are happy to make changes to existing bookings (subject to availability) and operate a 48 hour cancellation policy. If you cancel your booking after the 48hr time frame – a charge of £10.00 will be applied.
All Hall Hirers are responsible for providing their own Insurance Cover for the group and (provide) their own qualified First Aider.
4. Lost or Damaged Property
St James’ Trust will not, under any circumstances, accept responsibility or liability in respect of any loss of or damage to any property, articles of items placed or left upon the premises by or on behalf of the hirer or any other person, or in connection with the hiring.
5. Access to Clubhouse/Wagon Factory
Regular Hall Hirers will be issued with the Opening and Closing procedure and the security code to the Key Safes. All Hall Hirers using the Community Centre or Wagon Factory outside core hours (Monday – Friday 8.30am – 4.30pm) are responsible for ensuring that all windows and doors and external doors are securely locked.
6. Health & Safety Requirements
All electrical equipment belonging to the Community Centre & Wagon Factory is PAT Tested annually and displays a certified sticker. It is the Hirers responsibility to ensure any electrical equipment that is brought onto the premises has an up-to-date PAT Test Certificate.
7. Emergency Procedures
All Hirers must ensure that:
- They are fully conversant with the fire and evacuation procedures including the location of all alarm call points, emergency call points, emergency exits, escape routes and assembly points
- This information is made known to all members of their group and adequate plans are in place to safely evacuate their group in the event of an emergency
- They have the relevant risk assessment for the activity they are running and carry adequate insurance
- Fire exits and escape routes are kept clear at all times
- Fire & Rescue Services are called to any outbreak of fire, however slight.
Please note there is no public telephone on the premises: it is strongly recommended that the Hirer has access to a mobile phone for emergency use.
- The Hirer shall ensure that they vacate the property and car park quietly.
- All music must be TURNED OFF by 10.00pm.
- The selling of alcohol is strictly prohibited in all areas of St James’ Trust.
- UNDER-AGE DRINKING WILL NOT BE TOLERATED.
- We have a strict NO SMOKING policy in the Community Centre and Wagon Factory. A smoking area has been provided in the car park.
10. Car Park
- All parking is on a first come first served basis.
- Parking spaces cannot be guaranteed.
- It is the responsibility of the Hirer to ensure that all parking notices and markings are adhered to.
- Any vehicles parked on the premises are left at the owner’s own risk.
- Do not remove cones from parking bays or park in the bay marked for St James’ minibus.
- All heating is timer controlled – PLEASE DO NOT ADJUST THIS IN ANY WAY.
- No unauthorised heating appliances shall be used on the premises.
12. End of Hire
All Hirers must ensure that:
- Any tables and chairs that have been moved are returned to their original position
- All the floors are swept and clean.
- All surfaces in the kitchenette (if used) have been wiped clean
- All crockery and glasses have been washed up and put away. (Hirers must supply their own washing up cloths and refreshments)
- All lights and taps are turned off
- fAny rubbish has been removed and placed in the bins outside
- All windows are closed.
To download a printable pdf. version of these conditions please CLICK HERE